Out of all the toners that I have tried (6 in total), this one is the only one I’ve seen the most difference with, and it costs next nothing! Maybe $5 at the most. This toner makes my pores extremely smaller, I hardly ever break out, and it’s a natural chemical exfoliant so I don’t get dry, flaky skin or clogged pores. You may have heard of all the benefits and uses for Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV); however, if you haven’t, I’ll try and keep this short-n-sweet.
- Balances pH levels of skin
“Skin is naturally acidic but when vinegar is used as a toner, it helps skin find the ideal balance between dry and oily,”
–Dr. Karen Hammerman, cosmetic dermatologist at Vanguard Dermatology in New York City.
- Antiseptic and antibacterial– It reduces the possibility of acne and can help heal eczema.
- Breaks up the bonds of dead skin cells– It’s naturally exfoliating and keeps pores clear.
- Lightens skin– Gradually addresses age spots, sun spots, and acne scars.
Why Raw Apple Cider Vinegar?
Raw, organic Apple Cider Vinegar is also known as the “Mother” of vinegar meaning it is from the first fermentation of apples and contains strands of protein, enzymes, and friendly bacteria (like the kind in your gut) that help fight off bad bacteria. It’s a murky substance that you will notice collecting at the bottom of the organic ACV bottle.
“With the Mother” is typically written on the front of the bottle, and you can now find it locally at Winco, Sprouts, or sometimes at a Super Walmart. Again, it can cost between $3-5, and you only need a small amount, depending on the size of the bottle you’re using.
- 16oz. glass bottle
- Organic “With the Mother” Apple Cider Vinegar
- Filtered water
- Green Tea / Chamomile Tea (optional- you can just use water instead of tea)
- Lavender Essential Oil (optional- this is mostly to help with the smell)
1/4 c. Apple Cider Vinegar + 1/2 c. water + 1/2 c. Tea or water + 6 drops essential oil
1/2 c. Apple Cider Vinegar + 1/2 c. water + 1/2 c. Tea or water + 6 drops essential oil
1 c. Apple Cider Vinegar + 1/2 c. water + 1/2 c. Tea or water + 6 drops essential oil